Professor John Blaxlandformer Director Joint Intelligence Operations (J2) and Head, Strategic and Defence Studies Centre
Australian National University
• Global trends: from diplomacy to defense
• What threats exist to the survival or creation of international alliances and regional/sub-regional defense partnerships?
• Are we prepared for a transition away from asymmetric COIN to near-peer conflict?
• The Mega City threat and the future challenges we face in collecting intelligence in complex urban environments
• How can the Five Eyes partnership, as well as other diplomatic alliances, improve in their sharing of data?
• What future do we envisage for ISR with regards to institutional cultures, ethics, technology and strategy?